Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Worst Enemy and Light Grey Art Lab announcement!

Worst Enemy

I started a new exercise where I take existing expressions or phrases and try to come up with my own way of illustrating it. This one is "you are your own worst enemy."  I tried to play around with a technique I've been experimenting with recently.  Below I have some of the color options I played around with before I moved to final.

I'm currently working on the phrase "the calm after the storm" or also known as "after the storm comes a calm."  Hopefully I'll be able to show that one soon!

 Worst Enemy

In other news, I will be participating in Light Grey Art Lab's show Beautiful Forever : A Tribute to Tattoos (of the Temporary Kind)!  I will be among 40 artists designing one of a kind "tattoos" that will be then shown in their gallery show and printed as temporary tattoos to be purchased. A portion of the sales will go to the recovery of Tom Strom, a talented local tattoo artist who was recently in a serious motorcycle accident with severe spinal injuries.

To know more on the show and view all of those who are participating, click here: Light Grey Art Lab

No comments: