Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Howl's Heart

Howl's Heart

This is the last illustration in my Howl's Moving Castle series.  Since this is at the very end of the book, I won't quite say whats going on so that I don't spoil anything.  If you've seen the Miyazaki movie or read the book, you'll know what's going on.  Go out and read the book! It's a wonderful read.

Below I have some of my process sketches and color options I went through. Overall for this project, I had a lot of fun working on it.  It's been a while since I've gone through a whole book and analyzed it enough to pick scenes out of it to illustrate.  If anyone is stuck on what to do for personal work, I highly recommend it! It's a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun.

 Howl's Heart thumbnail


 Howl's Heart color options

1 comment:

Lakritsipötkö said...

I love your style, and I love that you use Howl's Moving Castle (book version) in your drawings! Please keep it up, you're really talented! :)