Friday, September 21, 2012

Some Personal Work I Recently Created!

KarenGillanportrait

I did a portrait of British actress, Karen Gillan, and her trademark red hair to expand on my portrait section.  I plan on doing more portraits in the future as well.  Hopefully more men since I realized I haven't added any new male portraits to my portfolio in a while.

BlogBannerklmfinal

Also as you can see above both in this blog post and the blog layout that I have a new blog header! I had a lot of fun creating this.  Of course it has dogs in it.

 JonSnow

I started reading the book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin.  I'm on the first book, A Game of Thrones, and so far I love it.  While reading, I had the urge to draw Jon Snow and his direwolf, Ghost, which can be seen above.

Below I have two painting studies that I did for fun.  Both were doodles in my sketchbook that I ended up painting as experiments more than finished pieces.  The one on the left was a dress study I did for a piece that I should hopefully be able to finish soon and the one on the right was an experiment with more muted colors.  I have a tendency to gravitate to brighter colors so I thought I would play around with more grays.

 pinkdresssnuggle

No comments: