Thursday, September 13, 2012

Italy sketches and Jennifer Lawrence Portrait!

JenniferLawrenceportraitfinal 

I felt recently that my portrait sections been lacking a bit so my plan is to expand it (or as I like to call it, "beef it up").  Above is of Jennifer Lawrence, who I've become a big fan of and found it exciting she too was from Kentucky.  I absolutely loved her in Winters Bone, X Men First Class, Hunger Games and The Poker House (this movie made me so uncomfortable at times due to the subject matter and how sad it could get, but still excellent acting) and I look forward to seeing her new horror film House at the End of the Street and the new installment to the Hunger Games: Catching Fire.  I always found it funny how she has been in so many films with dark subject matters, yet when you watch an interview with her, she's very funny and super lively.  Quite a contrast and a sign of a great actress.


 Italysketches
Also, I recently went on a trip to Italy and absolutely loved it! I visited so many museums.  There's just something special about seeing a work of art in person that you've studied.  It's so much more meaningful in person than it is in a book.  We visited Rome, Florence, Venice, Siena, and Lugano (Switzerland) and saw so many things.  I don't know if I could list off everything off the top of my head, but if it's a tourist attraction or museum, there is a 95% chance we visited it. Quite a busy vacation.
Italysketches2

 My favorite thing from the trip?  Probably our private tour of the Sistine Chapel, where we were allowed to take photos:

Italy1

With St.Peter's Basilica coming at a very close 2nd:

italy2

And then also S. Maria Della Vittoria, which on the outside looks like this:

italy3

Looks fairly normal and plain compared to the other churches in Rome, right?  Well, I knew the Ecstasy of Saint Teresa was in it, so I wanted to visit.  Little did I know the inside looked like this:

italy5

italy4

It was quite a wonderful trip over all.  I wish I could have had more time in Florence since I get the feeling there are hidden treasures in that city, but I will leave that for another time! 

No comments: