My fabric finally came in! I posted about the pattern design I created in a previous post. The fabric looks wonderful. I’ve also been playing around with some toy design ideas. These are the first prototypes I made out of paper. The real ones will be made out of fabric. Also the arms will be attached more on the sides rather than the front, but doing that made it difficult with paper. This is just an idea of what it will look like. Ideally, I will make a bunch of these that will eventually be for sale. Some other animals I have been thinking of making are a Koala, Slow Loris, some kind of reptile and maybe a sea animal.
I saw Billy Elliot last weekend and loved it. I have the urge to create a piece based off of it, but just haven't gotten around to it. Below, is a sketch I did inspired by the main character in the musical. If anyone hasn't seen the musical, I highly recommend it!
I also was sick with strep throat all last week so the only work I could do was client work. All of the work posted above is mostly from last weekend, when I started feeling better. If I did anything during last week other than client work, it was sleep, listen to books on tape and do gesture drawings based off of photos from The Sartorialist. It's a good site for practice. I have some examples below: