Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Her Mind Magazine, Commissions and Patterns!

HerMindGirlscoutsmall

Large blog post ahead! First thing is first, one of my illustrations is in the current issue of Her Mind Magazine on an article about Girl Scouts. I used to be a girl scout so being able to work on this job was a lot of fun for me. The article talks about how a family who has three generations of Girl Scouts compare their manuals and find quite a surprise when each seem to offer something different.  If you are in the Maryland area, you should check it out! It's a wonderful article. 

Hermindgirlscoutmagazine



BilboBaggins

I also was commissioned by Jessi Eichberger to do literary portraits for a class at the Governor School for the Arts in Lexington, Kentucky.  The portraits include characters from the Hobbit; Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde; The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe; Pride and Prejudice; Harry Potter; The Scarlet Pimpernel; and Sherlock Holmes.

DrJekyllMrHyde LionWitchWardrobe PrideandPrejudice ScarletPimpernel HarryPotterseries SherlockHolmesseries


dodopatternsmall

And last but not least, I created a pattern similar to my Yorkie pattern for a Spoonflower competition based off of Extinct Animals. Below, I have the icons that I used for the pattern.  Also tomorrow I will be attending my first Illustration Conference (ICON) in Rhode Island! I'll be sure to make a post about it.

dodobirdicons2

No comments: